Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 18, 2010

My reasoning behind wanting to be a SAHM (Stay at home mom, not a Shit Ass Ho Mother)

Some feel Im lucky to have a full time job. Especially with the economy blah blah blah crap and the "at least you get out of the house" statements I hear all the time. Its not always unicorns and fairy fart dust. I like the job itself I guess. Its not your normal run of the mill "I work for people who care!" type of job. Its paper. I work in paper. Not pretty paper. Not the kind your kid cuts up to make those heart wrenching cards that you want to hang on the fridge and then put away to you show your kid just how horrible they were with scissors and crayons when they get older type of paper. The plain white paper office max charges too much for. Thats what I do. I sit behind a computer all day and I send out paper stock to magazines and publishers to nit pick over. It can be a very interesting job. Its just the company with whom this job is out-sourced too, sucks. I dont have a labor intensive job (I get up to pee and microwave my Healthy Choice lunch)nor is it rocket science(im not curing Immune deficiency). I put 4 years of [no] hard work and time for poverty wages (I actually googled that and yes its just above poverty wage)and am at my wits end.

One example would be some coworkers and their ability to not us spell check. Ever. If you email something to a corporate company, please learn how to read/write first and then try a few sentences out with maybe a pencil. We have TONS of paper in my warehouse, you can practice for hours if you wanted to. These people make twice and three times as much as I make and yet its so overlooked. This a major pet peeve of mine and my brain doesnt want to read and re-read your stuff over and over again as it tries to figure out how not to EXPLODE or turn to mush. Its the small things in life that bug me at work. DONT get me started on the women in my office who dont change the TP roll in the bathroom. That I will save for a rainy day.

So I get frustrated that I work my butt off AND use spell check and make peanuts and potatoes for wages. I miss my son and the idea of working from home has become so appealing. Im really looking forward to not having to wear makeup and maybe, not deodorant either. Dont know how much my husband would appreciate that though.....

1 comment: